Saturday, June 1, 2024

Dennis Turns 75

Sometimes it's fun to go back and look at old blog posts, and I thought this would be a fun one to have on record dedicated to Dennis's 75th birthday. I imagine everyone who reaches the age of 75 feels the way Dennis does - they can't believe that number is attached to them, but we might as well celebrate it. We were so grateful that everyone within driving distance was able to come. And I know the NC Sweats would have been here in a heartbeat if they lived anywhere close by and we got to Facetime with them while Dennis opened all of his great gifts and cards and felt all the love from his family on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

I love this photo of everyone gathered around. It's already kind of iconic feeling. The next photo is Dennis greeting 10-month-old Maddox, his first great-grandchild, son of Lauren and Zac.


Dennis got a safety-first step ladder and here's a great "King of the World!" photo above. And in the background you can spot the "great-grandma and grandpa" high chair we bought for Maddox. The other one we had I bought at a garage sale and it was a piece of junk, so I'm glad we got this one. Hopefully we will be able to strap a few more little tykes into it before we celebrate Dennis's 85th birthday!


For a fun game I made an "8-hole" golf course with photos from Dennis's life. I was trying so hard to make it a regulation 9 holes until I realized the golfing Gods were not going to smite me if I only had 8 holes. What a relief.






So there it is! Dennis's 75th birthday party forever blog-i-fied!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Daddyman! That was such a fun party. The golf holes with the themed photos were the best!

    ReplyDelete

 Julie turns 70 A few months before she turned 70, Julie texted Denny and me and said "Hey sisters, would you be willing to fly out for...