Thursday, August 13, 2015

"Welcome to the Hotel CaliSouthJordania!

The first time I listened to the radio through ear buds, it just so happened to be the Eagles "Welcome to the Hotel California." It was close to midnight and I was cleaning up the kitchen in our Hunter House (let's pretend they never named that town "West Valley City"). I was shocked and awed at the sensation of music streaming through my ears into my brain! And I've hardly ever done it again. But there was lots of "the music of life" going on here for the past month, streaming into my heart.


I took 750 or so photos and missed tons of other opportunities because I was in the midst of living them. Andrea and the kids were the first to arrive and I immediately took 36 photos of Brandon on his pogo stick  So, yeah, okay, it's easy to to take 750 photos. I deleted the 35 blurry pogo stick pictures and kept this one.


Next to arrive were Angie and the three boys fresh off their trek across middle America seeing the sights together. Of course the big event through all of this month was that Ethan was leaving on his mission the following week!


I did NOT take 36 pictures of handsome, dashing Ethan being fitted for his suit, although I really REALLY wanted to and my hand was fidgeting with my phone the whole time. I mean, what a guy to even happily accomodate a grandma and grandpa on the Mr. Mac shopping trip. So I went into stealth mode and took this photo FROM BEHIND so as to not appear like papagrandmaratzi! So fun to watch him select his missionary suit, white shirts and red tie! They tried to throw in a winter coat that zipped sooooooooo badly, which Angie was smart and returned. There are enough things to figure out in life without having to re-figure out your coat zipper every time you go out into a blizzard! The Mr. Mac employee who helped him was from Australia and gave him lots of good advise. He was ever so charming, with a twinkle in his eye. He taught Ethan the proper way to hang up his trousers and also to remove the collar stays from his white shirts. He told him not to bother with an umbrella. I wish he would have called it a "bumbershoot!"


We finished the Mr. Mac event, ate at the food court, and then enjoyed the shopping around City Creek. Once again I am in stealth mode, catching Dennis and Angie chatting outside the toy store.

Gloriosky yes, everyone is growing up. It's so rattling! Deep bass voices, long limbs, muscles, you can almost feel them stretttching! Without much further commentary, here are some more photos:

The pool table got lots of use!


Ethan accomodating papgrandmaratzi.


Pretty soon Wyatt will be old enough to drive the mower by himself!


My favorite accessory - towel over left shoulder. (and obviously soccer ball too, I am such a natural).



We made scads of peanut butter sandwiches accompanied by Cheetos and Capri Suns. Bingo, lunch for 20!

The Springville Sweats arrived and we were filling up fast with handsome boys, beautiful girls, and cute little kids.



Next year Jonas will be taller than Ang when they make this pose!


Brandon Braces On - Jane Braces Off!







Well, that's a start~!.
Love Mom

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting! It's definitely an undertaking to go through so many pictures and put them in some sensible order, but I'm glad you did! That's a great picture of Brandon on the pogo stick. All you need is one out of 36 to turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great photos! Thanks for the wonderful memories. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Cruise - May, 2023

In May, 2023 these South Jordanians became Mediterraneans for 17 days while on a deluxe Royal Caribbean Cruise. We were in awe of the many b...