Tuesday, October 4, 2016

August, 2016 - Home Again


These are the Wasatch mountains early one August evening glowing with the pink beauty of the setting sun and the blue and grey shades of gathering storm clouds. I grabbed my phone and ran outside to snap a photo because there's only a moment before both light and shadow move on. I ran pitter-pat barefoot down the street.


The beauty ends abruptly in the middle of the picture (unless you are more gracious than I about the definition of beauty) and you see only trashy trees and barren Utah soil. Anyway, I took the pictures and then it started to rain suddenly and hard! Not Minnesota hard, but hard. I turned and hightailed it home and was sprinting, I mean I was hauling!! It was Olympic-worthy! The summer Olympics were on t.v. at the time and so I'm sure I was inspired. I'll never forget  that feeling of being fast because I've never been fast! "Doctor, will I be able to play the violin after you operate on my hand?" "Yes you will." "Oh Doctor, that's wonderful because I couldn't play it before!" Ba-da-bing.



And speaking of the Olympics, Eli, Vivian and Calvin slept over one night and we had an impromptu Sock Olympics while they were here. It was loads of fun and we just used what we could find around the house for the torch and flag-making and didn't have any socks that we could spare so we used some of Dennis's but didn't write on them with markers or glue googly eyes on them. He will never know (unless he reads this blog).





And I glued the sticks onto the flags backwards. Every *&%# time!

We also had a photo shoot with Truman a few days later so I could include a photo of him with the other 16 grandkids on the magnet board.

Classic "I'm teething and this is what I'll look like when I'm 94 and take out my dentures" photo.

He is so handsome, cute, pretty, squishy, hunky, adorable. He reminds me of Jane a ton.


And he has a little scratch on his forehead just like Brandon AND


CALVIN had in their family portraits three years ago! That's crazy!



This blog is a mash-up of unrelated subjects. But, moving right along, we had substantial water damage to our hardwood floor before we went to Minnesota, and had to wait for three to four months for it to dry completely before we could have it refinished. When we returned from Minnesota we called the floor guy to come out and do the job and he told us it had been so long since he'd come the first time that he had forgotten which home we were. Huh? Three or four months isn't that long. It had been a YEAR and three months. We both still shake our heads. How did we lose a whole year?

Look how awesome it looks all naked! He told us we had premium grade hardwood and should be grateful that it was such fine wood, and so we patted ourselves on the back for our premium grade hardwood. It was quite the ordeal though because for three of the five days we couldn't walk on the floor because each coat of sealer was drying. So, what to do?

Go spend the day at BYU Education Week and attend Tony's class, that's what. It was marvelous! This picture makes me laugh because the graphic behind us that says "Through Female Eyes" was the slide for the class after Tony's.

Throngs! Disneyland lines, overflow rooms packed.

And we got to get a hug from Angie's friend Michelle Smythe from Minnesota which made me cry. I was so happy to see her and a little piece of Minnesota here so soon after we had just come home!

That's a wrap for this brief blog!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew the Olympic sprinter in our family was... Grandma? Ha ha ha ha! Love the first shot of Tru.

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Cruise - May, 2023

In May, 2023 these South Jordanians became Mediterraneans for 17 days while on a deluxe Royal Caribbean Cruise. We were in awe of the many b...