Friday, July 11, 2014

By the sea, by the sea....



 .....by the beautiful sea! Although the Oregon Coast will always be first and foremost in my heart, there's something to be said for the wonderful Outer Banks and Carolina beaches and their 77 degree water. There's nothing like the ocean to center, refresh, calm and bring me joy. The sounds, smells, rhythms and routines are timeless.


 

Happy 17th Anniversary Andrew and Andrea!



"The pose!"........

















It was such a pretty walk through this path as we'd head to the ocean from our little house.



We had a wonderful time, including this adventure taking photos of kite boarders a few miles up the road!


This is one of my favorite photos. Totally caught Brandon in the moment!

I took this photo for my friend Lynette at work because she loves to untangle things. This poor guy had made an emergency landing and part of the aftermath was untangling cords for hours on end. He seemed pretty philosophical about it though.
 We hunted ghost crabs at night (I couldn't believe these kids with their uncovered toes). Yikes, a crab could attack your little piggies!


We also celebrated Father's day while we were there, and Andrew BBQ'd some of the best steaks I've eaten in a long time!










Whitney and I collected shells by the bundle and made shell jewelry sitting on the back porch. I've worn my bracelet to church and to work!



 We visited this beautiful lighthouse..........


and then we doubled our fun and joined up with the Hallstroms!.............

1 comment:

  1. Can it possibly be true that Andrew and Andrea have been married for 17 years? How can that be when Andrea is clearly only 29 years old. Love the picture of B-Train in the moment, and the random shot of the untangling guy. Photo extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Cruise - May, 2023

In May, 2023 these South Jordanians became Mediterraneans for 17 days while on a deluxe Royal Caribbean Cruise. We were in awe of the many b...