Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lava

We moved my computer keyboard and mouse up onto the desk and my tingly wrists issues have been cured!


Here are some photos of our fun day at Lava Hot Springs earlier this month with Tony and Cindy. When Dennis realized we were only 27 miles from Pocatello he said "let's just keep driving and go to the Oregon Coast..." We almost did. But then he bruised his tailbone tubing, and we realized we didn't have the phone charger or our medication. Next time we'll be more prepared and DO IT.

"Intrepid" is a good word to describe Vivian!


Tony spoke at a Time out for Girls at Utah State earlier in the day. Here he is strolling back with Lauren after speaking. The photo below it is Calvin's hot little self after playing all morning waiting for them!


 We ate at Chick-Filet and took this picture for Ethan! Later in the day Vivian said to me "Did we eat at Chick-Filet this morning or was it yesterday? It seems like it was yesterday!"

She shoots!

 ...she scores!

 Nice form Lauren!

 ....still nice form after all these years!


Eli jumping...........

 .......Eli landing.......


Crazy Jane soaring!.......


Lauren, Reagan and Tony all jumped off the highest platform and I have a video of Reagan jumping but it didn't download.

And finally here are six things I've learned after I became an OLD LADY! Dang they would have been helpful for the last 40 years if I would have paid more attention.

1) Take off your turtle neck BEFORE you color your hair.

2) Use distilled water in your iron and you won't get spits of hard water build-up.When I was buying my first ever gallon of distilled water a few months ago at Walmart, I ended up walking through the sporting goods department. They had some nice 5-pound weights on the shelf that were hot pink. I picked them up, looked both ways, found myself alone, and did 10 discrete arm lifts. It made me smile to think that will be on their security camera tapes.

3) Coasters are needed if you put a glass down on a wood surface.

4) Righty-tighty; Lefty-loosey.

5) Don't talk with your mouth full. It seems like I want to combine those two events. Chewing and talking.

6) Say your prayers in the morning too, not just at night.


XOXO
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Lava Hot Springs looks like fun!! We should do a family trip to the Oregon Coast next time.

    And thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to your list of 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere in the eternal archives of our lives there is evidence that you were taught all those things by your mother many years ago.
    You probably didn't go off the high board either, thanks to both your mother and your father, one of whom is afraid of heights, the other is just too scared.

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Cruise - May, 2023

In May, 2023 these South Jordanians became Mediterraneans for 17 days while on a deluxe Royal Caribbean Cruise. We were in awe of the many b...