Friday, May 22, 2015

Payson Temple Open House



Isn't this a GORGEOUS temple? I am tempted to say it's the prettiest temple I've ever seen, but then I have seen lots of pretty temples. The architecture is so different - seems Egyptian, like it's from another time. Really, really cool. A beautiful wheaty color. Going through the Open House was like going to an art museum and every single piece of that temple was done with the utmost craftmanship. Last year we were zipping down the freeway in the big red truck with Gary and Linda on our way to St. George and Linda was in the front seat talking and I was in the back seat  listening, and all of a sudden she stopped mid-sentence and said, ".....was that a TEMPLE?" and I rubber-necked around just in time to see this temple slip into the background. Right there on the side of the freeway in the middle of pasture land and sod farms for all the long haul semi truckers to see! I was really grateful when Cindy called a few weeks ago and said she had gotten online right as the tickets were available for the open house and picked up two extra tickets for us. Some day I will be more better at things like this. Cindy took the kids out of school and she said when she went into the elementary school office to sign them out the secretary said, "Oh, are they going to the Payson Temple Open House? I've been checking lots of kids out this past week!" Only in Utah County - gotta love it!




The whole crew + MY PURSE.



I really like this photo. It looks like it was taken by the paparazzi from far away with a wide angle lens.


Anyone who knew Jenny Goodman as a little girl will smile at this photo. We ran into Jenny and her family  and couldn't get over how much her little girls look like her. But then when you look at her husband Matt they look like him too. That happens a lot. Her mom passed away from cancer a little over a year ago. JeanMarie Goodman was so much fun and down to earth and spiritual and no nonsense. She reminded me so much of Aunt Karla. Her husband Mark just got engaged the day before we saw Jenny. He's marrying JeanMarie's college roommate who lost her husband to cancer five years ago. They feel like it was meant to be.



The Sweat girls with grandma at her normal height.

Oops, we forgot a very important Sweat girl...........

There we go!




Lauren 16

Reagan 14


Jane 12


Eli 10

Vivi 6

Calvin 4

I will always remember this day and hope we can come back and do baptisms here or visit it as a family. I would also like to go back to the Brigham City Temple too.Very grateful for temples and for our family.
XO
Mom

P.S.
I love how Eli' is mirroring Vivi's expressions in these four photos of her 6th birthday. Our three little girls are turning Six this year!!

UPDATE: So, I'm buying Caroline's birthday card today to put in the mail and I think "she's seven....I think I put six on the blog." Yup I want them to still be six. Seven seems sooooo grown up!










5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Sorry about the deleted comment, I made a mistake and it bugs me that blogger says you've deleted the comment. Really I just wanted to edit the comment. Oh well.
    That temple does look pretty! Thanks for posting. Is Jane taller than Reagan? I can't tell if it's just the picture of if she's passed her up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great pictures. You never were good at math....Does your purse always come color coordinated with whatever open house you are attending? Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I would love it if one of these days an open house would coincide with the road trip again. Such a sacred experience to share.

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Cruise - May, 2023

In May, 2023 these South Jordanians became Mediterraneans for 17 days while on a deluxe Royal Caribbean Cruise. We were in awe of the many b...