Thursday, May 7, 2015

Three Little Cuties

Three Little Kids + two rather large and ungainly grandparents = one fun blog post! Here is a recap of our adventures while Amy and Dave went on a cruise, April 2015!

I am trying to condense 11 days into a reasonable framework, but it's hard with 341 photos....however after downloading them I found that 297 of them are blurry, so it's not quite as daunting!

Speaking of blurry, here's Jack. I am using this photo anyway because in my mind's eye, I think it catches a glimpse of what he will look like as an adult. Everyone always reminds me of somebody else and I see my dad in Jack a lot.
 
  Here's a photo of my dad. I dunno,can you "Feel" it?

And Macy! One morning Dennis had to go to the school office, and when he identified himself as the grandpa, the lady in the office said "Macy looks like you!" Who would have thought Macy looked like Dennis? Not me!

So here is a photo of Dennis, with Aunt Karla and the gang, freckles too! Do you see any resemblances?

 And here they are in real time eating at Chick-a-Fill!

And finally, Car-Car....and we all know who SHE looks like!


AMY!!! And on our second day there we got to celebrate Amy birthday!

Our first day, Thursday was spent driving I-70. Oh I wish I didn't have PTSD about freeways. But I do. Here is the stopped traffic on the OTHER side of the road. It was backed up for miles and miles - people out of their cars chatting, hoods up, a mess. Remember when we all drove to Denver for Thanksgiving when Wyatt was a baby and the sign said 2 1/2 hours to Denver and we thought they were joking?


Okay, I digressed . . . now back to the birthday celebration. The kids showered Amy with gifts...

We went to an upscale area and had yummy Mexican food. Everything in Colorado (and Minnesota and North Carolina) is built with so much beautiful green space around it. Lovely!
...walked through a high-priced grocery store with LITERALLY the most beautiful bounty of pastries I've ever seen in my life.

and stopped and bought an ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!

Then it was time to study the Grandma and Grandpa student manual!! It even had two pages devoted to the "dreaded electronics!" Each day was scheduled and we needed it! We studied it like scriptures - MORE than scriptures. I'm so glad you are better parents than we were. I'm so proud of you for reading scriptures with your children at night. Thank you. We read with Jack, Macy and Carly every night. They happened to be in Alma where he is speaking to his sons and giving them advise, so it was a perfect part to read. They liked hearing Dennis read better than me. They picked him :-).


Amy wrapped eight gifts, one for each day they were gone, and put them up on the mantle. It makes getting up like Christmas morning in a way. There are inexpensive crafts and such fun. This photo was taken on the last day - with only one gift left - so one more day until mommy and daddy come home!




Catsy approved of these little fuzzy animals on fishing line!

One of the coolest, and for sure HARDEST, was a jigsaw puzzle.

 ....but not just any old jigsaw puzzle - one that was a picture of the kids! Here's Macy...

and this is the top of Jack's head. I couldn't figure out what it was we were putting together, because it was the edge, but the edge of the puzzle was slightly different than the photo we were working from and then all of a sudden realized "Hey Jack it's your HAIR!"


Carly's smile!


Dennis worked with the kids for the whole afternoon creating the sand bottles.






Lots of fun crafts. And NOW oh wow, I'm going to sign off and finish this blog a little later this weekend because WOO WHOOOOOO!!!!..........ETHAN IS OPENING HIS MISSION CALL IN AN HOUR!! What a thrilling event, unreal moment, just so excited. So glad we can all share it together as a family via Skype. What a world!! Bless his heart. XO Mom

5 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see pictures of my kids that I didn't take and I didn't experience. Thank you thank you thank you for babysitting! They miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Jack looks like his great-grandfather, Macy looks like her father, and Carly looks like her mother...must be the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no....Macy looks like her GRANDfather....it's still the eys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post -- Adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Macy's faces during the birthday cake were cracking me up. :) That grocery store is masking me hungry. And Amy is much more organized than me when we leave our kids. Cute handbook.

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Cruise - May, 2023

In May, 2023 these South Jordanians became Mediterraneans for 17 days while on a deluxe Royal Caribbean Cruise. We were in awe of the many b...